Re: setQueryTimeout problem !?!?!

From: robert engels <rengels(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setQueryTimeout problem !?!?!
Date: 2008-03-18 05:26:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Here is the javadoc. The method explicitly states when it throws an
exception:

/**
* Sets the number of seconds the driver will wait for a
* <code>Statement</code> object to execute to the given number
of seconds.
* If the limit is exceeded, an <code>SQLException</code> is
thrown.
*
* @param seconds the new query timeout limit in seconds; zero
means
* there is no limit
* @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
* or the condition seconds >= 0 is not satisfied
* @see #getQueryTimeout
*/

Even if this is not sufficient, it worked this way in the previous
driver versions - so I guess there should be evidence the other way
in order to change it.

This is not a problem when using the 8.3 driver against an 8.3
database - only seems to happen with a 8.1 db (maybe 8.2???)