Re: setQueryTimeout

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>
Cc: Toni Urpí <urpi(at)lsi(dot)upc(dot)edu>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setQueryTimeout
Date: 2008-01-14 16:45:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Would "throw new UnsupportedOperationException()" be good to tell
> that fact to the users of the driver more directly?

That's unknown. It's unclear how many applications might be calling
setQueryTimeout and not be prepared for an exception. So while they're
slightly broken now, they could be completely broken with this change. If
people feel strongly about it we could consider making the change in the
8.3dev driver, but I wouldn't backpatch it.

Kris Jurka