Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm

From: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Date: 2007-07-13 02:45:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> > What would probably be useful if you want to pursue this is to filter
> > out the obvious spam like statement-not-reached, and see what's left.

I had gone through and looked at the warnings on mongoose before, but I am
running it against the current code now. Let me know if you want line
numbers on any of these...

count | msgtype | msgno | msg
-------+---------+-------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
552 | warning | 1292 | attribute "warn_unused_result" ignored

This is due to perl headers, so don't worry about this one

77 | warning | 188 | enumerated type mixed with another type
16 | warning | 186 | pointless comparison of unsigned integer with zero
9 | warning | 167 | argument of type "int *" is incompatible with parameter of type "socklen_t={__socklen_t={unsigned int}} *restrict"
2 | warning | 300 | const variable "all_zeroes" requires an initializer
1 | warning | 556 | a value of type "void *" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "rl_completion_func_t *"
(6 rows)

--
Give thought to your reputation. Consider changing name and moving to
a new town.