Re: [pgsql-patches] unprivileged contrib and pl install

From: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-patches] unprivileged contrib and pl install
Date: 2007-01-25 03:40:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Jeremy Drake wrote:

> I am digging through the code looking at this, and I have a question. As
> far as I can tell, there is currently no owner for a pg_language entry.
> Is this correct or is ownership information stored somewhere other than
> the pg_language relation? Are you suggesting that a lanowner column would
> need to be added?

Sort of answered my own question, found this comment:
* Note: for now, languages are treated as owned by the bootstrap
* user. We should add an owner column to pg_language instead.

So in the course of implementing this, an owner column would probably need
to be added to pg_language, I guess.

--
If a 6600 used paper tape instead of core memory, it would use up tape
at about 30 miles/second.