Re: italian translation

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: italian translation
Date: 2005-06-05 03:31:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> I just updated tha italian translation po file.
>
> I also noticed a small typo in this english sentence
> #: org/postgresql/jdbc2/AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1215
> #, java-format
> msgid "The JVM claism not to support the {0} encoding."

This is a result of you translating an old .po file. This has already
been fixed, but the .po files are not updated unless a translator does
something. You should always start from a merged .po file from here:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/po/status.html

Also you must check your work by running

msgfmt -c -v -o /dev/null lang.po

Notably yours does not pass with numerous "a format specification for
argument {0} doesn't exist in 'msgstr'" errors. These are all the result
of Java message format strings needing to double any apostrophes ('').
I've adjusted your translation and committed it, but because you
translated an old file, instead of complete translation we've got:

82 translated messages, 24 fuzzy translations, 26 untranslated messages.

Kris Jurka