Re: disabling seq scans

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Marcus Andree S(dot) Magalhaes" <marcus(dot)magalhaes(at)vlinfo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: shannyconsulting(at)earthlink(dot)net, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: disabling seq scans
Date: 2004-04-01 22:11:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes wrote:

> Last one... This time, specifically to the java side: what
> do you think about adding new methods, say, setEnableSeqScan(boolean)
> and getEnableSeqScan() to our (by our I mean
> postgres) drivers?

I don't see this as a useful general purpose method worth adding. What
about all the other GUC parameters? There was a discussion a while ago
about making these and other variables configurable through the connection
URL or datasource, but that would be to establish defaults, not to modify
it on the fly.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-02/msg00022.php

Kris Jurka