Re: Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: "Sullivan,Deric [CMC]" <Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-07-09 18:49:28
Lists: pgsql-general

This is definitely not a pgsql question.

Barcode readers usually have a keyboard interface, where they plug in
between keyboard and host. When a reader scans a barcode, it sends
'keystrokes' to the host...

Alternatively, they can be connected as serial device, outputting data
when they see a barcode.