Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL

From: "Sullivan,Deric [CMC]" <Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-07-09 18:05:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm looking for details on how to integrate a barcode reader (e.g.
one from Symbol) with a PostgreSQL database. Currently I use PostgreSQL
7.1.2 as the backend and psql, pgaccess, pgAdmin v7.1.0 (on Windows),
phpPgAdmin as the frontend(s). The backend, a couple of the frontends, and
the PHP enabled web server run on a Linux workstation. I'm new to the
details of barcode readers so I'm also looking for hints on how to get a
barcode reader hardware working on a Linux system. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Deric Sullivan
Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca