Re: Re: erServer beta

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Robert L Mathews <lists(at)tigertech(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: erServer beta
Date: 2001-04-16 05:38:36
Lists: pgsql-general

The short and simple of it is that what has currently been developed is in
/contrib ... we will not release anything into the Open Source until we
*at least* have a running release and package, which is when we put
erserver into /contrib ...

Our policy on Open Source vs Closed Source is it depends on who funded it
... if we covered the costs internally, it goes Open Source ... if a
client paid us to do it for them, its Closed Source, as paying us to do
something for them is meant to give them a competitive advantage, and Open
Sourcing it would detract from that ...