locking bug?

From: Max Khon <fjoe(at)iclub(dot)nsu(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: locking bug?
Date: 2000-12-16 17:03:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi, there!

test=> create table foo(id int primary key);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'foo_pkey'
for table 'foo'
CREATE
test=> insert into foo values(1);
INSERT 88959 1
test=> create table bar(id int references foo);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY
check(s)
CREATE
test=> begin;
BEGIN
test=> insert into bar values(1);
INSERT 88976 1
test=>

after that (we did not issued commit or rollback on the connection)
in another psql:

test=> begin;
BEGIN
test=> insert into bar values(1);
...and this transaction locks up until we finish first transaction

if we insert different values no locking occur.
this happens on both postgresql 7.03 and 7.1-beta1

/fjoe