Re: locking bug?

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Max Khon <fjoe(at)iclub(dot)nsu(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: locking bug?
Date: 2000-12-17 02:05:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is because the first transaction has a lock on the
row in foo due to the references constrain, it currently
grabs the lock to prevent the pk row from being
removed after we tested its existance but before the transaction
closed. There's been talk about using some kind of dirty reads to drop
the need for the lock, but that hasn't been done yet.