Re: 7.0.2 install doesn't read .conf files

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Eugene Lee <eugene(at)anime(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.0.2 install doesn't read .conf files
Date: 2000-08-20 02:54:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Tom Lane writes:

> > > There is no such config file in 7.0.*. You must be reading the
> > > development-sources documentation at postgresql.org. See the 7.0
> > > docs included in your distribution (they're also on the website,
> > > but you have to dig a little).
> >
> > With all due respect, this is getting ridiculous. Can't someone move the
> > old docs in the right place and the new docs elsewhere?
> >
> > I'm getting the feeling that this will be a very popular feature though...
> > :-)
>
> Vince is just finishing up the user-lounge ... he's most likely going to
> hate me for this, but:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/
>
> Vince, can we get a proper link to it in ASAP? I just had fun with
> someone who was having a bugger of a time with PL/pgSQL cause he was using
> v7 and looking at v6.5 docs :( pointed him to the v7 docs and the
> difference :)

Yeah, I'll get it in the mourning. I gotta move some graphics over
to hub for the new menu items.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com