Re: Linking legacy PHP stuff

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Linking legacy PHP stuff
Date: 2000-08-20 02:31:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> However, I _have_ seen memory leaks and other problems with a client
> that was statically linked with a pre-6.4 libpq on post 6.4 that worked
> perfectly with pre-6.4 server.

Interesting --- this would imply some problem in the current backend's
handling of the v1 protocol, I think. Is it worth your time to dig
into it further and see where the leak is coming from? I'm not sure
I care very much about pre-6.4 code myself, but am willing to look
at the problem if you can provide specifics.