Re: logging problem ... ?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logging problem ... ?
Date: 2000-05-08 17:01:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> > All I'm getting in my log file is this continuously scrolling:
>
> > FindExec: found "/pgsql/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
> > FindExec: found "/pgsql/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
>
> Well, that shows you're launching backends anyway ;-)

Ya, but, from what i can tell, there are not as many backends being
started as that scrolling list of 'FindExec's appear to be indicating
... the server isn't *that* busy ...

> It looks like the backends are receiving -d 1 from the postmaster,
> but where is the postmaster's own debug output? Weird. How exactly
> are you starting the postmaster, again?

cat ~pgsql/pgstart ... postmaster's own debug output? ya know, for some
stupid reason, the only thing i'm capturing is postgres's output :( I
just modified the pgstart script and restarted the server, so postmaster's
output is to logs/postmaster.5432 ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org