Re: [GENERAL] Accounting/inventory systems

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: freetips <freetips(at)softhome(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Accounting/inventory systems
Date: 1999-09-02 16:12:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Inhouse, we use PostgreSQL as the backend to a dial-up accounting system,
handling all logging from radiusd, as well as keeping track of userid's
and passwords...

I've gotta get off my butt and redo the User Gallery pages, so that this
information is more readily available *sigh* I think I'll just clear off
my plate this afternoon and dive back into it...

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, freetips wrote:

> Can we develop difficult accounting/inventory system and use PostgreSQL for
> server. We will use MsAccess for client.
> We have to choose between:
> MySQL PostgreSQL or another server .
> Does some company use PostgreSQL for these purposes? My be there are some
> commercial realises of accounting/inventory programmes which use PostgreSQL ?
> Does somebody know some REALLY working accounting or inventory system on LAN
> (not via Internet)??? - where server is PostgreSQL .Because I have feeling that PostgreSQL
> is used only with regards to Internet.
> Any additional information will be highly appreciated in our hard decision
> process.
> Thank you!
>
> Because I have feeling that PostgreSQL is used only with regards to Internet.

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org