Re: [INTERFACES] Re: your mail

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Louis Bertrand <louis(at)bertrandtech(dot)on(dot)ca>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Diana Eichert <deichert(at)wrench(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: your mail
Date: 1999-08-03 00:58:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Louis Bertrand wrote:

> > Just curious, but what turned out to be the problem, and is it something
> > we can/should change in the source tree to prevent it in the future?
> >
> 1) EGCS in OpenBSD no longer defines symbol i386, using the
> namespace-friendly __i386__ instead. I suspect there will be a similar
> problem with SPARC and maybe others. I had to add:
> bsd.h:
> #ifdef(__i386__)
> #define i386
> #endif

Okay, I know that Bruce did some patches for this, changing i386 ->
__i386__, so that v6.6 will have it, and v6.5.2 *might* ... I'm the one
working on back-patching that...

> 2) When building libpgsqlodbc.so, /usr/lib/libcompat.a on OpenBSD had a
> problem with doubly defining symbol _v8_regerror(). I'm not even sure why
> pgsql's build uses libcompat.a because it's not needed to resolve
> anything. I patched src/configure.in to remove the
> AC_CHECK_LIB(compat,main) macro. OpenBSD-current has been changed to
> remove the doubly-defined symbol, but the port should still be able to
> work with earlier released CD-ROM versions.

hrmmm...let me look at patching configure.in such that 'if openbsd' it
doesn't get added...I've never seen the problem with FreeBSD, so it must
be an 'OpenBSD' specific problem...

> 3) src/bin/pg_passwd/pg_passwd.c is patched to change the password length
> from the hard-coded 14 with _PASSWORD_LEN of 128. It was like that in the
> previous (6.3.2) port and FreeBSD has it also, so I just updated it.

Will look at this one too...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org