LinuxWorld Editors' Choice Awards - Finalist Status

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LinuxWorld Editors' Choice Awards - Finalist Status
Date: 1999-08-02 01:30:46
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

After four years of diligent work on PostgreSQL, the PostgreSQL Global
Development Group is proud to announce that we've been choosen as a
finalist for the 'LinuxWorld Editors Choice Award'.

Our "finalist running mate"...Oracle 8i :)

The Awards Ceremony will be at the LinuxWorld Conference in San Jose on
August 11th, where Thomas Lockhart is hoping to act as our representative,
being "in the neighborhood"...once we know how the final vote goes, we'll
be making a further announcement ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

==========================

Congratulations!

PostgreSQL has been selected as a FINALIST in the first-ever LinuxWorld
Editors Choice Awards!

LinuxWorld magazines esteemed panel of judges named PostgreSQL as one of
the LinuxWorld Editors Choice Awards finalists in the Database Management
category. The Editors Choice Awards honor the key individuals and
companies that have contributed to the success and progress of Linux, and
recognize the best Linux developer products in a variety of categories.
A well-rounded panel of judges--the editors and writers (many of whom are
expert Linux developers!) who bring you LinuxWorld magazine each
month--considered a wide array of commercial and free software products.
Judges participated in several rounds of votes and runoffs to determine
which products and companies most deserved finalist status.

For more information on the Editors Choice Awards and the complete list
of finalists, see http://www.wpi.com/linuxworld/lw-ec-finalists.html.