Re: [GENERAL] LinuxWorld Editors' Choice Awards - Finalist Status

From: Jim Jennis <jhjennis(at)shentel(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] LinuxWorld Editors' Choice Awards - Finalist Status
Date: 1999-08-02 21:26:19
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Congratulations to the entire team!

Regards,

Jim

At 22:30 8/1/99 -0300, you wrote:

>After four years of diligent work on PostgreSQL, the PostgreSQL Global
>Development Group is proud to announce that we've been choosen as a
>finalist for the 'LinuxWorld Editors Choice Award'.
>
>Our "finalist running mate"...Oracle 8i :)
>
>The Awards Ceremony will be at the LinuxWorld Conference in San Jose on
>August 11th, where Thomas Lockhart is hoping to act as our representative,
>being "in the neighborhood"...once we know how the final vote goes, we'll
>be making a further announcement ...
>

>Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick:
Scrappy
>Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary:
scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

>==========================
>
>Congratulations!
>
>PostgreSQL has been selected as a FINALIST in the first-ever LinuxWorld
>Editors Choice Awards!
>
>LinuxWorld magazines esteemed panel of judges named PostgreSQL as one of
>the LinuxWorld Editors Choice Awards finalists in the Database Management
>category. The Editors Choice Awards honor the key individuals and
>companies that have contributed to the success and progress of Linux, and
>recognize the best Linux developer products in a variety of categories.
>A well-rounded panel of judges--the editors and writers (many of whom are
>expert Linux developers!) who bring you LinuxWorld magazine each
>month--considered a wide array of commercial and free software products.
>Judges participated in several rounds of votes and runoffs to determine
>which products and companies most deserved finalist status.
>
>For more information on the Editors Choice Awards and the complete list
>of finalists, see http://www.wpi.com/linuxworld/lw-ec-finalists.html.

,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-
/ / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
\ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
`-'-' `-'-' `-'-' `-'-'
FSC - Building Better Information Technology Solutions-
From the Production Floor to the Customer's Door.

Jim Jennis, Technical Director, Commercial Systems
Fuentez Systems Concepts, Inc.
1 Discovery Place, Suite 2
Martinsburg, WV. 25401 USA.

Phone: +001 (304) 263-0163 ext 235