Re: [DOCS] New Logo guidelines, usw.

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Hal Snyder <hal(at)enteract(dot)com>
Cc: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] New Logo guidelines, usw.
Date: 1999-01-10 08:50:34
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 10 Jan 1999, Hal Snyder wrote:

> As has already been suggested, to ask Vittoria to keep guessing at
> what we might like, without giving her guidelines, is poor use of
> everyone's time.
>
> Here's another go at web site requirements. I plan to wait a couple
> days for feedback from this group, then package some of this into a
> reply to Vittoria.
>
> Logo.
>
> Should begin with a capital "P".
>
> Setting off "SQL" in "PostgreSQL" is a good idea.
>
> Should have 3-D feel, not flat.

Something that somehow shows, or gives the impression of, what we
are? You know...the concept of 3 dimension databases and whatnot? Just
the name doesn't do much, since ppl already know the name...visuals are
nice...

> Colors.
> Avoid drab colors such as olive green, pea green, beige.
> I personally favor a mix of gray, blue, white, and black.

Red is nice too...'bold' colors, stuff that stand out, but aren't
too...obnoxious?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org