Re: Subnovice question

From: <ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca>
To: vhikida(at)inreach(dot)com
Cc: nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Subnovice question
Date: 2004-09-13 21:55:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 vhikida(at)inreach(dot)com wrote:

> There must be a software package that both changes ASCII to EBCDIC and
> also will put numbers in packed decimal format. I think you should be able
> to find software on the web and talk to their sales or technical person.
[ snip (too much, caught packed decimals stuff too ]

At CPAN, we have Convert-EBCDIC which should do the ASCII/EBCDIC
stuff. Another module is Convert::IBM390, which should handle
packed decimals. Searching for "packed decimal" at perlmonks.org
turned up a few things, including another search term (COMP-3).

The following web site was mentioned in the COMP-3 discussion, and
may be of interest:
http://digilander.libero.it/foxes/Packed_Decimal.htm

Gord