images and postgreSQL

From: Sun H Chi <schi67(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: images and postgreSQL
Date: 2004-09-13 21:29:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have a customer who would like to extract all their data from one system and dump into another. Not too difficult except for the images. The images are housed on another server and separately maintained through a postgresql database. I believe there should be a unique image id that links the images on the postgresql database to the primary application database. Unfortunately my knowledge of this postgresql is minimal at best and I need to know how to go about extracting the relevant data. From the look of things on the image server, each image is stored on the filesystem rather than in the database itself. So I'm probably just looking for a table that stores the image ID and its directory path. Once I find that table, is there a quick way to extract the information?

Any additional information on how you would approach this would be very helpful.

Thanks

S.