RE: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion

From: "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion
Date: 2021-05-11 09:33:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:44 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>But your patch is doing nothing to add the implementation for DELETE..
>USING. Basically, the tab completion support for DELETE....USING is
>still pending right?

I see, maybe I have a misunderstanding here, I thought tab completion for "DELETE....USING" means the code before it as follows.
> > else if (TailMatches("DELETE", "FROM", MatchAny))
> > COMPLETE_WITH("USING", "WHERE");

So I just thought the tab completion support for DELETE....USING is not pending anymore.
According to your feedback, maybe something beyond my knowledge is need to be done for DELETE....USING.

Besides, you are right, the fix in the patch has nothing to do with the comment here.
Patch updated to V2 with the sentence moved back. Thanks.

Regards,
Tang

Attachment Content-Type Size
V2_0001-TAB-completion-modification-for-INSERT-INTO-and-DELE.patch application/octet-stream 3.2 KB