RE: Added schema level support for publication.

From: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Added schema level support for publication.
Date: 2021-07-30 06:42:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On July 28, 2021 6:44 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, I have merged the changes. Attached v16 patch has the
> fixes for the same.

Thanks for the new version patches.
Here are a few comments:

1)

+ /* Identify which schemas should be dropped */
+ foreach(oldlc, oldschemaids)
+ {
+ Oid oldschemaid = lfirst_oid(oldlc);
+
+ if (!list_member_oid(schemaoidlist, oldschemaid))
+ delschemas = lappend_oid(delschemas, oldschemaid);
+ }
+

We can use list_difference here to simplify the code.

2)

+
+ /* Filter out duplicates if user specifies "sch1, sch1" */
+ if (list_member_oid(schemaoidlist, schemaoid))
+ continue;
+
+ schemaoidlist = lappend_oid(schemaoidlist, schemaoid);

It might be more concise to use list_append_unique_oid() here.

3)

+ <para>
+ Create a publication that publishes all changes for all the tables present in
+the schema "production":
+<programlisting>

The second line seems not aligned.
After:
+ <para>
+ Create a publication that publishes all changes for all the tables present in
+ the schema "production":
+<programlisting>

4)

+ resetPQExpBuffer(query);
+
+ /* Get the publication membership for the schema */
+ appendPQExpBuffer(query,
+ "SELECT ps.psnspcid, ps.oid, p.pubname, p.oid AS pubid "
+ "FROM pg_publication_schema ps, pg_publication p "
+ "WHERE ps.psnspcid = '%u' "
+ "AND p.oid = ps.pspubid",
+ nsinfo->dobj.catId.oid);

It seems we can use printfPQExpBuffer() here which is a convenience routine
that does the same thing as resetPQExpBuffer() followed by appendPQExpBuffer().

Best regards,
Houzj