RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

From: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alexey Lesovsky <lesovsky(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date: 2021-07-30 06:46:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On July 29, 2021 1:48 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Sorry I've attached wrong ones. Reattached the correct version patches.

Hi,

I had some comments on the new version patches.

1)

- relstate = (SubscriptionRelState *) palloc(sizeof(SubscriptionRelState));
- relstate->relid = subrel->srrelid;
+ relstate = (SubscriptionRelState *) hash_search(htab, (void *) &subrel->srrelid,
+ HASH_ENTER, NULL);

I found the new version patch changes the List type 'relstate' to hash table type
'relstate'. Will this bring significant performance improvements ?

2)
+ * PgStat_StatSubRelErrEntry represents a error happened during logical

a error => an error

3)
+CREATE VIEW pg_stat_subscription_errors AS
+ SELECT
+ d.datname,
+ sr.subid,
+ s.subname,

It seems the 'subid' column is not mentioned in the document of the
pg_stat_subscription_errors view.

4)
+
+ if (fread(&nrels, 1, sizeof(long), fpin) != sizeof(long))
+ {
+ for (int i = 0; i < nrels; i++)

the type of i(int) seems different of the type or 'nrels'(long), it might be
better to use the same type.

Best regards,
houzj