Re: Running postgres on a read-only file system

From: "Tyler Mitchell" <TMitchell(at)lignum(dot)com>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: nicolasb(at)maich(dot)gr, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running postgres on a read-only file system
Date: 2002-08-30 21:08:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>> Hi, I couldn't get any good answers off the ADMIN list, can you help me?
>>

>Or at least not one that you liked, huh ;-)

Ooops "good" is a relative term. I should phrase it "I couldn't get any
answers that directly met my application needs" :)

I know that I need to at least get some more understanding on the process
that takes place. But like I said, I don't even really know where to start
and couldn't find anything in the docs (at least using the keywords that
came to mind) to help explain it to me.

>You won't get a more authoritative answer than you've already gotten.

A guy's gotta try :(