Re: 7.5 features

From: Bob(dot)Henkel(at)hartfordlife(dot)com
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.5 features
Date: 2004-04-27 13:39:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think great would be an understatement.

Great work all!

|---------+---------------------------------->
| | Bruce Momjian |
| | <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us|
| | > |
| | Sent by: |
| | pgsql-hackers-owner(at)pos|
| | tgresql.org |
| | |
| | |
| | 04/27/2004 08:27 AM |
| | |
|---------+---------------------------------->
| |
| To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org> |
| cc: |
| Subject: [HACKERS] 7.5 features |

Here are features that are being worked on, hopefully for 7.5:

o tablespaces (Gavin)
o nested transactions (Alvaro)
o two-phase commit (Heikki Linnakangas)
o integrated pg_autovacuum (O'Connor)
o PITR (Riggs)
o Win32 (Claudio, Magnus)

If we get the majority of them, and I think we will, this will be a
great release.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
+ Christ can be your backup. | Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.