Re: In or Exists?

From: Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: In or Exists?
Date: 2006-02-15 16:27:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I tried select version();

it gave me this:

PostgreSQL 7.2.3-RH on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2
20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

I really newbie with postgres...

Can u help me?
thank in advance!!

Fabrice

Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Envoyé par : pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
15/02/2006 17:27

Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com
cc

Objet
Re: [JDBC] In or Exists?

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:59, Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com wrote:
> thank you for your answer!
>

> how I can know the version of my postgres DataBase ?
> I know is 7.3.x but I don't know for the 'x' number ..

psql -V will tell you the client version. or psql template1 -c "select
version();" will tell you the version of the backend server.

match

About Devoteam:

Devoteam is an IT consulting group.
Combining consulting and technology solutions offers enables
Devoteam to provide its customers with independent advice and
effective solutions to align their information system's technical
infrastructure with their operational objectives.
The group achieved a turnover of 199 million euros in 2005
an operating margin of 7% and counts 2,100 employees through
12 European countries and the Middle East.
Listed on the Euronext Paris Nouveau Marche and part of the Nexteconomy,
IT CAC, IT CAC 50, SBF 250 index of Euronext Paris.
www.devoteam.com