Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?

From: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Date: 2011-12-13 03:33:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

> Some of the features currently under development right now will make
> this sort of thing easier to build into the core database. For
> example, the recent "Command Triggers" feature submission will make
> it easier to catch DDL changes as well as queries for this sort of
thing.
Thank you for all the responses. I am a long-time Oracle guy who loves
trying PostgreSQL because it is looks like a great database. I try it out
on my pc, and have no production experience with PostgrSQL. We recently
tried moving our product (using Oracle) with more than 100 GB data to
PostgreSQL and conducted performance testing. It did an outstanding job!
But I miss all those user-friendly trouble-shooting utilities (like
Automatic Workload Repository,Active Session History etc etc) in
PostgreSQL. Yes - some of them are there, but one has to search,download,
configure etc. I hope many of these features will become part of the
'core' soon.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."