Re: importing dbase files daily

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: jmay(at)speark(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: importing dbase files daily
Date: 2002-08-20 18:15:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Juliet, I do something similar each day. What I did was to setup a cron
job to call a perl script that uploads the new data to a scratch table that
mimicks the table(s) I want to import into and then using either a
stored_proc or SQL in my perl script, do the update to my production table

Patrick Hatcher

|--------+--------------------------------->
| | "Juliet May" |
| | <jmay(at)speark(dot)com> |