Problem with Blobs on XP Professional

From: SSchmidt(at)linotype(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with Blobs on XP Professional
Date: 2006-01-24 12:32:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

An application, orginally developed in C++ under VS 6.0 which inserts
integers,varchar and binary large objects in a database (with
SQLPrepare(),
SQLBindParameter() and SQLExecute()). Originally the database was an
Oracle 8.x and the application runs under Windows 2000 (via ODBC). Then
we have tried a Postgres 8.x (on a server) and after changing the syntax
of some statements, it worked. Now I have Windows XP Professional V.2002,
SP 2 and .NET 1.1 and I get the error message: 'ERROR: type "lo" does not
exist'. I´ve tried various Versions of the ProsgreSQL OBDC driver. All with the
same result.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Siegmar