Re: Problem with Blobs on XP Professional

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: SSchmidt(at)linotype(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with Blobs on XP Professional
Date: 2006-01-24 13:30:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Oracle 8.x and the application runs under Windows 2000 (via ODBC). Then
> we have tried a Postgres 8.x (on a server) and after changing the syntax
> of some statements, it worked. Now I have Windows XP Professional V.2002,
> SP 2 and .NET 1.1 and I get the error message: 'ERROR: type "lo" does not
> exist'. I´ve tried various Versions of the ProsgreSQL OBDC driver. All
> with the same result.

Is the difference only in OS (could you write version of working OS)?

The problem has trivial solution in creating "lo" datatype. You could
find it in pgsql-odbc mailing list (in the end of year 2005) or
in FAQ (from CVS or maybe in official releases).

If you don't use large objects could you send us mylog output?

Regards,

Luf