Re: database design

From: Jason Hihn <jhihn(at)paytimepayroll(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Jennifer Vargas <w47fnpch02(at)sneakemail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database design
Date: 2003-08-07 16:20:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Go to your local univeristy and pick up the CS curriculum's database text
book. (IFSM's may not be technical enough) In my class, our studies went
from the upper most level to statistically estimating the number of block
reads needed by a SQL statement.

I *think* it was called "Database Design Concepts" or something to that
effect. It had a blue cover with sailboats on it, IIRC. I'll check when I
get home. It covered both object and relational DBs, IIRC.