pga2/pga3: visual studio .NET

From: efesar <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>
To: Pgadmin-Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pga2/pga3: visual studio .NET
Date: 2003-04-20 00:53:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave,

I got VS .NET Academic (from an MS convention) and compiled PGA3 (release
and debug) without any problems. It wanted to "convert" the project file,
but it took about a millisecond and it didn't seem to make many changes at
all. Both debug and release run fine.

On the PGA2 side, I couldn't get it to compile in VB. I had to "convert" the
project to VBA7, and it took AN HOUR on my system (which is a 2600+ with a
gig-o-ram). It came up with about a hundred different errors ... I am not
into VB so I don't even know where to begin where to guess where the problem
is.

At any rate, I was hoping to get the newest cool stuff for PGA2 (I'm still
on 1.4.12). Which files do I need from the bins to get it up to date and
where do I put them? Were you still planning to bump it up to 1.6 soon?
Curiousity is eating me.

Thanks. PS, the last problem I had with the missing resource is now null and
void, as it was a CVS conflict on my side that didn't resolve properly
(apologies to Andreas).

-Keith