DBVisualizer (was RE: Staroffice compatability)

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: <wyatt(at)draggoo(dot)com>, <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBVisualizer (was RE: Staroffice compatability)
Date: 2001-10-31 15:49:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I've gotten DBVisualizer to connect easily enough, but it has problems with
the metadata.

In my case, DBVis is running on a windows PC with Sun's 1.3.1 JRE and
connecting to a PGSQL 7.1 database on Debian Linux. It seems to choke on the
metadata problems in the JDBC driver, but at least connects nicely. (I know
I'm connecting because I can use the "SQL commander" part of DBVis to look
at my tables without a problem.)

I'm excited to hear that you've got the MetaData part working... I guess
it's time for me to learn how to compile my own driver instead of
downloading the last stable jar. Is there source out there that will work
with 7.1, or do I need to upgrade my PGSQL to 7.2 before I can start?

-Nick