Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(

From: Laszlo Tibor <ltibor(at)mail(dot)tiszanet(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: surrano(at)mailbox(dot)hu
Subject: Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(
Date: 2002-05-31 14:14:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Gabor again.

Also, changing one page and then turning to the other page cancels the
changes (unless you press OK and DataSource again). Perhaps an Apply button
could help, and tab sheets, too.

Another thing: on the web page, you refer to 7.2.0001, though the DLL claims
itself to be 7.2.0002. Which is the truth? :)

To Hiroshi: As for the SQL queries I mentioned earlier, I'll send them ASAP
(if still needed--see below). You asked for a clarification to which I wish
to reflect here:

> > Again, with the old drivers (Updatable Cursors UNchecked),
> > this wasn't a problem, neither with the new driver (Updatable
> > Cursors checked).
>
> Does this mean the old driver with Undatable cursors checked
> have a problem ?

I haven't tried this. All I wanted to say that the behaviour of updatable
cursors unchecked did change, in our case, not in a favourable way.

As for the Field Type out of range errors: one of the two tips I mentioned
seemed to work; namely, I changed all the dataset cursortypes from
Forward-only and Keyset-driven to Static. No more errors. With the new
driver, re-tried the combinations.

Tried to change Recognize Unique Indexes and Updatable Cursors (all four
variations), since these are that we use different from the default. Effect
with the current driver:
Forward-only: Received several messages stating "Fetch type for
PGAPI_ExtendedFetch isn't allowed with ForwardOnly cursor." The associated
combobox came up, seeming to be empty. Trying to open the box, I received
the "out of range" exception.
Keyset driven: no error.

All that changed since the last state is that I could not reproduce the
Access Violation with Updatable Cursors checked. In the first place, I
didn't even get that far, only with the Keyset driven setting, but I did not
experience any more errors.

The errors were associated mostly, if not in all of the cases, with
DBLookupComboBoxes, if it helps. Based on that, I don't think it's due to
the query or the driver; I'd say it's more likely to be something closer to
the user, i.e. ODBCExpress or BCB, though I'd rule the latter out even
though it seems to be a component-related problem (VCL).

Yours,
Gabor