Subcribing to this list, what's the secret?

From: wheel <wheel(at)wheel(dot)not>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Subcribing to this list, what's the secret?
Date: 2006-12-13 20:09:21
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

I seem to have a natural knack for hitting the ruts around here, which
is exciting. I've tried to subscribe to the list using both yahoo and
gmail email accounts and the webform always reports "The email address
you entered does not appear to be valid." I would like to use either
yahoo or gmail because I am very interested in keeping spam down on my
main email accounts (see Jan 7 2006 thread 'E-mail harvesting on PG
lists?'). I've been posting via a newsreader but it seems that there is
some strange pattern with messages not making it on the the list using
that pipe...all of my posts show on the google archive of this list but
a good number (25%?) seem to be missing from the mailing list archives
that are found on the postgres site. Example, it seems that both of my
listed in google, and on the newsgroup. Scott was PO'd that I didn't
respond to his first post, that got me to check into why he didn't.

I posted about this issue, the failure of the website subscription form
to accept (at least) an @yahoo.com email acct, and no one replied
(though that was one of the posts that didnt' seem to make it onto the
mailing list, but is on google & newsgroup). Can someone tell me what
the secret is, or check the webform at postgresql.org and make sure it's
in order?