Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?

From: Paul Ganainm <paulsnewsgroups(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?
Date: 2003-10-27 16:10:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

blue(dot)dragon(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk says...

> > Are there any issues in doing this that I should be aware of (apart from
> > a speed penalty which I expect to have to pay)?

> Should not be any problems. If you can get Linux on Postgres will
> run. As with any database memory is important (but then memory is cheap) I
> would surgest at least 256Mb more is preferable.

I think that I have 32 MB on one machine and 48 on the other.

If I install Linux with no GUI (just command line), will PostgreSQL
work, or does it actually require that much RAM?

Paul...

--

plinehan__AT__yahoo__DOT__com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.