Re: Possible ODBC driver error

From: Patrick Dunford <a47xxy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible ODBC driver error
Date: 2001-04-16 05:30:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:21:16 +1200 AD in comp.databases.postgresql.bugs,
Patrick Dunford said:

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:18:02 +1200 AD in comp.databases.postgresql.general,
>Patrick Dunford said:
>
>>I recently copied five tables to the server using the Postgres ODBC driver
>>with MS Access.
>>
>>The tables can be viewed in MS Access but not using PHP or Zeos Database
>>Explorer, which both return the same error message:
>>ERROR: Relation 'adweb_servinf1' does not exist
>>
>>The tables are visible in ZDO and the column names can be viewed. All the
>>names of the tables also appear in pg_tables.
>>
>>Is this a bug in the ODBC driver i.e. it does not make the full entries
>>needed in Postgres for it to know about tables?
>
>The problem appears to be (as my sysadmin pointed out) that the ODBC driver
>allows mixed cased table names to be created. All other table names created
>via other means are full lowercase. Apparently table names are case
>sensitive, and Postgres assumes the table name will be stored as all
>lowercase.

Also appears to affect other related things such as column names.

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits
of those who have fallen asleep.
-- 1 Corinthians 15:20
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20010415
Created by Mail2Sig - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/software/mail2sig/