Re: How to ensure that SSPI support (Windows) enabled?

From: Dimitry Markman <dmarkman(at)mathworks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to ensure that SSPI support (Windows) enabled?
Date: 2023-05-19 15:33:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Tom,
thanks a lot for your super fast answer 😊. I really appreciate that

I was asking our 3p library people how to add windows support to gss and they said that on windows we should use SSPI
I’m not really familiar with either gssapi or SSPI

I see that macOS has builtin support for gssapi, so all I need is to use –with-gssapi
On linux I use MIT Kerberos that we build in our 3p environment (only linux)
When I ask to build MIT Kerberos on windows that’s when I was advised simply to use SSPI

Thanks again

dm