RE: any tutor/samples for installing/starting/programming onNT ?

From: "Charlie Derr" <charlie(at)intelligenesis(dot)net>
To: "Kevin Lo" <kevlo(at)hello(dot)com(dot)tw>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: any tutor/samples for installing/starting/programming onNT ?
Date: 2000-06-06 07:47:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Kevin Lo wrote:
~
~ Charlie Derr wrote:
~
~ > Kevin,
~ > I was thrilled to see your page, as I had previously
~ tried unsuccessfully
~ > to build postgreSQL on NT. However, when i try to follow your
~ instructions,
~ > I get an error at the third step:
~ >
~ > >mount c:/Unix/Root /
~ > mount failed: Device or resource busy
~ >
~ > I was careful not to have any other windows open when i tried this.
~ >
~ > any clues?
~
~ Logout the Cygwin, then login. Run ``mount'' you should see that
~ mounted. If not, try ``mount -f c:/Unix/Root /''.
~
~ > tmia,
~ > ~c
~
~ - Kevin
~

Thank you very much. I'm now on a different machine where cygnus is
installed in C:\cygnus instead of C:\Unix\Root I'll go ahead with the rest
of your instructions here without uninstalling/reinstalling, as I shouldn't
think that this would make a difference.

thanx again,
~c