List of tables with a query

From: NRonayette <r97m10(at)socotec(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: aurelien <aurelien(dot)aa(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Subject: List of tables with a query
Date: 2000-06-06 08:44:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi everybody,

I'm a novice in postgres database administration.
I'm looking for the tables or views witch containt the list of my
database 's objects. I know that a psql command "\d <table_name>" give
me the detail of my <table_name>, but i want to have the same result (or
something similar) with a query. Is it possible, for example, with
postgresql 6.5, to have the list of my tables (or all the columns of all
tables ) with a single query ?

Thanks for all your answers (and sorry for my bad english)