Re: PostgreSQL on Windows

From: "Daniel Morgan" <danmorg(at)sc(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: "karthikeyan(dot)balasubramanian" <karthikeyan(dot)balasubramanian(at)aspiresys(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on Windows
Date: 2003-01-13 03:29:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm interested. Is this a Win32 native version of PostgreSQL 7.1.3 server or
cygwin?

There is a Win32 version of PostgreSQL 7.1.3 included within the Cygwin
distribution downloadable
from http://www.cygwin.com/
but it requires the cygwin1.dll to run it. Plus, it requires cygpic 1.13
which is not included in Cygwin; it is a separate download and install you
must make. This information is found in the readme for PostgreSQL in the
cygwin documentation.