Re: BETWEEN SYMMETRIC/ASYMMETRIC

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Gavin Sherry" <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BETWEEN SYMMETRIC/ASYMMETRIC
Date: 2002-04-10 06:09:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> > Can someone comment on my use of %prec BETWEEN? Is that still
> correct now
> > that we have the extra BETWEEN forms?
>
> Looks fine. AFAICS we want all these forms to have the binding
> precedence assigned to BETWEEN. If you don't do the %prec thing
> then the productions will have the precedence of their rightmost
> terminal symbol, ie, AND, ie, wrong.

OK, I've proven that I cannot move the SYM/ASYM keywords anything lower than
totally reserved without causing shift/reduce errors. Is this acceptable?

Also, Tom (or anyone): in regards to your previous email, should I just go
back to using opt_symmetry to shorten the number of productions, since I
have to make them reserved words anyway?

Chris