Single Row Table?

From: "Yateen Joshi" <yjoshi(at)starentnetworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Single Row Table?
Date: 2004-08-27 08:02:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have got a table which is supposed to contain only one row. It does
not have any primary keys defined.
So, essentially, when a new insert happens in that table, I would like
it (the insert) to fail if there is already a row existing in that
table.
How can I do that? Can I add any constraints? Or do I need to write a
separate trigger for the same?

Thanks and regards,

Yateen V. Joshi