Re: postgresql, odbc and escape characters?

From: Kristian Rink <krink(at)pm-planc(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: postgresql, odbc and escape characters?
Date: 2004-08-27 08:09:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:44:59 +0200
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> > Question: Is there any way to modify the behavior of postgresql
> > server itself or of the odbc driver to deal with things like
> > that?
>
> No. Just pick a different escape character or double the
> backslash.

Guess this is something to be configured within the scope of the
application that tries to run the query through odbc, right? If so,
I am already doomed about that since this part of the dms
application appears to be closed-source. :(

Anyhow, thanks!
Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden