Re: Broken sql string?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Mark A(dot) Taff'" <mark(at)libertycreek(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Broken sql string?
Date: 2002-02-19 20:01:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Taff [mailto:mark(at)libertycreek(dot)net]
Sent: 19 February 2002 17:01
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Broken sql string?

My apologies for not sending this to the list originally. Allow me to
elaborate. I am working on a `View Designer` similar to the interface that
SQL Server uses to create new views. There are a great many unknowns right
now, and I need to get it working enough to find out what works and what
won't (the relationship diagram for example, is a big mystery right now).
So, to speed up this process, I am only writing the code that I have to; if
I can recycle code from an existing section, I am. So one piece of code I
grabbed was the Display sub from frmSQLOutput.

The code in the sub that parses the query to find the FROM clause of the
statement the user entered in the HBX is looking for " FROM " (with leading
and trailing space). So if there is a CRLF immediately before the `F`
instead of a space, the routine fails to find the `FROM` clause, and hence
fails to find anything else, like the table involved.

I've just committed a fix for this.

Regards, Dave.