Re: ALTER TABLE...ALTER COLUMN vs inheritance

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE...ALTER COLUMN vs inheritance
Date: 2010-07-23 07:23:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 16. Juni 2010 14:31:00 +0200 Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de> wrote:

>> There are some spelling and grammar errors in comments that I can help
>> fix if you want the help.
>
> You're welcome. I have pushed my branch to my git repos as well, if you
> like to start from there:
>
> <http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=bernd_pg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/
> notnull_constraint>

I'm going to delay this patch until the next commitfest. I'm able to work
on it only sporadically during the next two weeks, and some remaining
issues need my attention on this patch:

- ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL works not properly
- ALTER TABLE child NO INHERIT parent leaves inconistent state in
pg_constraint
- Special case in pg_get_constraintdef_worker() needs more thinking

--
Thanks

Bernd