Re: Postgres Doubt

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Doubt
Date: 2004-10-03 15:50:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Sep 27, 2004, at 11:27 PM, sreejith s wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to PostgreSQL. I have a doubt. Now i am doing one
> project in .NET technology with postgres(linux) as database. I am
> using pgADMIN and pgManager as tools for database releted activities.
> Now i am able to create functions with 'sql' language. When i select
> 'pgsql' as language for creating query, an error poping up. How to
> create Query using 'pgsql' language. if any new tools need to be
> installed. Plz rectify. Mail me back at sreejith77(at)rediffmail(dot)com

You need to use the createlang utility to add pgsql to your database.

see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-createlang.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-
createlanguage.html

You generally want to do this for template1 so it will be available in
any new database you create.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/