RE: RE: RE: RE: tourble migrating from linux/Apache/post gresql/perl to win2000/IIS/postgresql/perl

From: Rishi Sharma <rsharma(at)Bigstep(dot)net>
To: "'s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net'" <s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net>
Cc: Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: tourble migrating from linux/Apache/post gresql/perl to win2000/IIS/postgresql/perl
Date: 2001-06-14 06:37:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Aaah - good point...I should have noticed the d:\...\perl and the
/usr.../perl.

I started another thread "why can't I get pg loaded under IIS". I actually
was able to load Pg.pm in the windows shell - which would use d:\...\perl.
However the CGI just hangs until it times out with the /usr.../perl. I will
try the #!/Perl/bin/perl.exe first to see if I can take advantage of the
environment that is already working. If it doesn't work, I will just remove
the d:\...\perl and use only the cygwin perl.

Thanks again for your inspiring insight.

best,

-r

p.s. I actually copies the perl libraries that were built tonight to the
winnt\system32, d:\...\perl\lib and /usr.../perl/lib just to make sure it
could use either one - but it's a good idea to have a clean environment with
only 1 version of perl.