Connection Class.forName

From: Ricardo Javier Aranibar León <ricardo_jal(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection Class.forName
Date: 2002-12-10 14:07:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi list

I nedd your help I'm newbie in JDBC and my first problem is:
When I try to connect To DataBAse I have this problem:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: postgresql.Driver
maybe I try with org.postgresql.Driver and error in ClassNotFoundException
I work with Linux Suse 7.2
I have installed:
postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-70
and I define my CLASSPATH, maybe in:
/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

my small program is:

import java.sql.*;

public class db {

public static void main (Strings[] args){
try{
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
//Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
}catch (Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

}

If somebody can help i will thankfull

Note: I from Bolivia and my enghish grammar isn't good but i can understand
:)

Regards,
Ricardo

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx